Happy, happy, merry, merry and all of that holiday jazz with Best Wishes for 2015 from all of us at Abator and GetDiversityCertified.com. A famous Dickens’ character says “May I have some more, please”? That’s what we want – more diversity in the workplace and market place. And, if recent news articles are any indication, it seems as 2015 will be another year of great strides toward Diversity and Inclusion in the US and around the world. Some recent news posts include:
- USA Today notes that Unfiltered YouTube is changing diversity.
- Vicki Salemi wrote about Trends in Diversity Recruiting for US News & World Report.
- California extended supplier diversity initiative to include LGBT owned businesses.
- Elizabeth Vasquez of WE Connect International spoke about developing a global supplier diversity initiative.
- USA Today, again – on the changes in diversity, race and ethnicity 1960 – 2060.
- 7-Eleven recruited US Military Veterans for a Franchise Giveaway.
- WBENC and WeConnect International with assistance from Wal-Mart launched a logo for Women Owned businesses to raise awareness about their incredible range of products sold in retail stores everywhere.
- Michigan Professor Martha S. Jones talked about “When it Comes to Diversity, Who Counts?”
- The diversity & inclusion crisis at Google leads to opportunity.
- Chief Learning Officer wrote about the Top 3 Things Wrong with Diversity & Inclusion TRAINING.
- The National Basketball Association’s Hawks hired its first ever Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer.
- Gender diversity was discussed in India.
- Billie Jean King launched an initiative to promote diversity and inclusion in the work place.
- University of Houston opened a center for diversity and inclusion.
- CNN says the 2043 demographic shift is about more than just the numbers.
We look forward to what the future has in store, sharing and celebrating it with our SDMWVBE (Small, Disadvantaged, Minority, Women, or Veteran Business Enterprises) community.